Sunday, April 15, 2007

dripping, depressing day

Running through the quad is a river of the weekend's spoils, adding more and more to its look of overall resort projects. I'm soaked and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too. I should be working on a project but this weather is so disheartening that I'll probably just end up watching a John Cusack movie and hating myself.

Right now, Zep is playing and the wind is blowing so hard that it looks like ocean waves breaking on the ground. It's just another one of those days. And as bad as it sounds, you're screwed either way.

What I mean by this is that on warm days, are you really thinking about class? You want to be but you're not. Then it's so crappy out that you catch the flu walking outside. Which day is more important to take off? That, my friends, is the ultimate college dilemma.

Side comment, but Rage Against the Machine is coming back together for a couple shows. That has the balls written all over it. No Shelter just came on, sorry.

The rainy day might be the worst class of precipitation. Snow, eh, you just don't go anywhere unless you have a good old, gas hog SUV. I wish I did. Rain is frustrating because it brings a strong wind which ultimately means you're walking into a hose spray. And it's cold.

I hate to say it but school's almost over. To me, that means an end to a year that went too fast. I can blink and remember moving in (very, very vaguely). I feel bad for the seniors; there's a lot of good people growing up this year. I won't drag it on, it's a nostalgic departure from the Fairfield nest into a new, uncertain world.

Check out the commentary blog, it'll get going in the next couple of days once all of the content is posted.

Till then, be like the stag and shit in the woods.

-Andrew Chapin